bliumchik: Mommy, I dropped my giant cowsicle!  :( (Um.)
[personal profile] bliumchik
Um um so guys. If one were to hypothetically have accidentally set something on fire in one's kitchen. Say... a plastic chopping board. Are melted plastic fumes harmful in any way?

Date: 2008-11-04 11:15 pm (UTC)
ext_3225: (Default)
From: [identity profile] (from
Yes, very. Open a window before you pass out, bb!

Date: 2008-11-04 11:17 pm (UTC)
ext_3472: Sauron drinking tea. (Default)
From: [identity profile]
lol, I am long out of that room, I was thinking effects of just the lungful I got before I managed to put it out :P

Date: 2008-11-04 11:29 pm (UTC)
ext_3225: (Default)
From: [identity profile] (from
Eh, a lungful shouldn't hurt you bad. Why, when I was a bugger, I inhaled all sorts of crap from burning my little ponies at the altar. In my defense they were all witches. BURN THEM.

Date: 2008-11-04 11:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Yes, but I would be more worried with long-term exposure than short-term. If the fire is out, and you're not making a habit of breathing melted plastic, you should be fine. Some ventilation is also a good idea.

Date: 2008-11-04 11:36 pm (UTC)
ext_106529: (Default)
From: [identity profile]
I used to melt plastic for art projects. Outside, on a windy day :p

Date: 2008-11-04 11:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Yes, but not enough to worry about.

As a rule, don't breathe plastic fumes, but, the lungful you got won't do anything measurably significant.

Date: 2008-11-04 11:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
..........what did you do to set fire to a plastic cutting board?!

Airing out the room would be good, but as everyone else said, if you just breathed in a little you'll be fine.

Date: 2008-11-05 12:03 am (UTC)
ext_3472: Sauron drinking tea. (Default)
From: [identity profile]
I um sort of flicked the wrong knob on the stove.

Date: 2008-11-05 01:29 am (UTC)
ext_25888: (Default)
From: [identity profile]
*G* You're just like MIkeyway, aren't you? Taking heaters to showers, flicking the wrong knob and cutting a plastic cutting board on fire! LOL! Glad you're alright though. :p

Date: 2008-11-05 01:38 am (UTC)
ext_3472: Sauron drinking tea. (Default)
From: [identity profile]
I insist that I have NEVER brought an electrical appliance into the shower.

...I do walk into things a lot though /o\

Date: 2008-11-05 02:03 am (UTC)
ext_25888: (Default)
From: [identity profile]
*G* Yet.

I tend to drop and break a lot of things. /o\

Date: 2008-11-05 02:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
... I burned plastic things over the bunsen burner in science class when the teacher wasn't looking all the time and I think I turned out okay... |D

Date: 2008-11-06 02:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
(way too late to do any good...) If it's a new plastic chopping board, it probably isn't too toxic - thank goodness for the green movement - so I'd go ahead and air out the room, no worries.

(What, you think I'd advise someone to release toxic gases into the atmosphere? What kind of person do you think I am?! :P )


bliumchik: (Default)
Captain Oblivious

October 2014

19 202122232425

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 20th, 2017 12:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios